Times could not be harder for most people and yet I have to lay it out for all to hear how lucky I am. There was a day where I had to wait for the next paycheck to buy groceries, or not know from day to day if I would be able to put gas in my tank. There was once a time when there was only $7 dollars for two weeks left in my account and I was forever having to cover checks that I wrote and could not afford.
Now, the days are much different. I look around at my King Size bed, my TV in my room and the computer that write this on. My little boy peacefully asleep in his twin size bed with the bed set he chose out so proudly. The house I so proudly can say we own, and the new car in my driveway that I picked out and can rely on. The things in life that I value are not materialistic they are my family, my son and the man who has made the world amazing for me.
There has never been a day when I wanted a two or three hundred dollar item and I did no have to budget or save for it. Today I do not have those same fears. Yesterday my little boy and my Fiancée took me to buy a camcorder that was something that I wanted. I went to another store and bought nice camping chairs, and pots for plants. I continued on to get a few new purses today and satin sheets for my bed last week. I went to Binyon's and bought glasses that I had to pay cash for while also paying cash for my dress that I will soon be wearing in my wedding.
For anyone that reads this I want to make sure that everyone knows that I am not bragging nor am I trying to put others down with my sense of pride. I just really feel that I wanted to share the pride and accomplishment with those that do love me and who have supported me in my journey up. Thank you all and in the end I am happy and that is what matters!!!
(testing this comment) Well YES its always nice just dont forget though that if PEOPLE WANT TO HELP you out, you should let them.
ReplyDeleteFor instance if I come visit you and you're running tight on groceries and the person offers to pay for 50 dollars to 200 dollars in groceries, let them :P