"Mom, what’s 2 + 1?" "I don't know Braedyn what is it? If you have two and you add one what do you get?" "3" And it starts, my kid is doing addition probably better than I can. He is busting out addition of all the numbers under 10 and even learning that 20's 30's 80's and so on are that number plus whatever he is adding like 80 +1 = 81. I am shocked. A total eye opener to my son...I cannot believe my son is doing addition and loving it. He is quizzing himself all the way to PRESCHOOL!
No, he cannot read yet, but I am sure it won’t be long before he picks that up. Maybe unlike his mother he might be a mathematical genius! Wouldn’t that be lovely? Strange how our children are so much like us and yet so different. This is a child who is loving school and loves all people regardless of age race color or any other difference.
I recently got a post about how wonderful children were and what things they offered to us that as adults we miss the other day. I am so grateful to have gotten that post because it helps to be reminded sometimes of the importance of children and that they do offer us many things. Much like they believe for us many adults think that children are there to bug us and create problems, and contrary to that belief its a nice to be reminded of the little things that are so easy to overlook.
I just thought it would be wonderful to share this with all of you who are so interested in my life and hope that you enjoy this post as I will continue to post other posts about my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment