As the world turns and I do some serious self reflection of myself I notice that while I still have a great deal of changing to do I am fairly proud of how much I have changed but realize I still have a great deal of change I need to make.
I often work out of vengeance and anger at those that irritate me. This is a flaw that I cannot get past in my ever changing plan for success.
So there is a person that I felt very fond of and really looked forward to her being a part of my life. She very quickly made it clear that she did not want my friendship nor did she recognize that she was being rude in the best way possible. I then wrote a MySpace blog about this person because I was hurt and irritated by the way I was treated. I mentioned a person piece of information about this person and was called on it.
In turn rather than be apologetic and confirm my wrong doing I got defensive and angry that she felt the right to call me out on something I wrote in my blog regardless of how she treated me. With this I have in sighted a riot between multiple people and hurt a few in the process. In turn while I am not sorry I blogged about my feelings I am sorry that I hurt people in the process in order to fight for my lashing out behavior.
In turn I have hurt one of the closest people to me and threw him under the bus in order to fend for my feelings.
I do wonder though, isn’t the point of blogging to blog about the people that irritate you? How do you do that if they find out?
Interesting thought...Well here I did not name names so maybe this might be the way!
I know who it is HA HA HA
ReplyDeleteHey, Megs! I hope you are having a better day today.
ReplyDeleteThere is a way to blog about irritating people without hurting them or yourself. Set up a blog that requires you to give permission for others to read it ... and then don't give anybody permission! That way it is like the letter where you get all your anger out on paper and then throw it in the garbage rather than send it to the person you are angry with so you can move on.
The one downside to this idea is that every time you go into this blog you will be reminded of every person who has irritated you and why. It will only put you in a bad mood.
Probably a better idea would be to keep using this blog, but rather than poor out all the painful details of the offense and reliving that situation mentally and emotionally as you write about it, simply put "Somebody really hurt my feelings today, but ..." and then blog about all the things you like about that person. You will feel a lot better and nobody gets hurt. :-)
Love ya, Megs! Have an awesome day!