A GOSSIPING MOTHERS NOTES OF THE WONDERFUL EVENTS, FRIENDS AND LIFE THAT CROSS HER PATH ON A NEVER ENDING STORY WE CALL LIFE
Monday, August 15, 2011
The move the unpacking
It has to be noted that this is by far one of the hardest moves ever made in my ever so big history of moving.
As a youngster I used to up and throw crap into a laundry basket and into bags and call it good. it took half a day to pack and half a day to move.. Leaving me a day or two to unload and decorate my house. Now... as an adult (am I really) I am looking at my house and while it took us only a day to pack, it somehow was just not as organized as I remembered it being. I am looking around and overwhelmed with the thoughts of unpacking just one more box, with just one more thing I do not need or want. I have crap upon more crap and no matter how hard I try to weed out stuff it just keeps on.
It does not help that my husband kind of has hoarder tendencies. This I wonder if it is a back east thing or what because my father in law seems to be similar as well as some family friends of ours expressed tendencies much the same and I also have family with this issue. I get so proud of getting rid of stuff only to find Chris has harbored it in the garage for a later date incase we need the paper towel dispenser ($7.99) in the future. "Come on!!"
So here I sit and I got most of my books unpacked last night leaving me like 5 less boxes then I had before but damn.. Just damn... I want to cry and kick and scream because I know I am missing some books so I know there is a box or two floating around and I am out of room for books... :/
On a positive note we got a new dining room table being delivered on Thursday.. I am excited about that and hope that once I get that delivered that maybe just maybe my house or the rest of it can fall into place. I am attempting with all my might to get rid of stuff and organize like crazy the stuff I do have.. Time will tell!
Well, I am off to hose of the foam mattress topper Braedyn mysteriously contaminated and then maybe my china hutch I can unload!
Hope to keep up on my blog.. Trying to remember!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment