Today was just another day.. Woke up to a card made from my little boy.... His heart is soo big it makes me smile. It's one of the two cards I recieved on my birthday . It said happy birthday on it and when you opened it it said I love you in the middle. How much this warms my heart and makes me smile. Even though the rest of my day kinda sucked I am reminded at moments like that how wonderful I have it in life and how much my kids mean to me.
I had to evaluate today what I set out to do in life. Whats my idea of happiness and what is it that I desire for my life. My children are my life. To love and cuddle them, to kiss their boo boos or give them support when they get bee stings or to tuck them into bed at the end of the night. To hold them when they cry or try to talk to them when they need a friend or a helping hand. I realize that at the end of the day when I put them to bed and the house is quiet that my eight hours is not done just cause they are in bed. The house needs cleaned the kitchen is a mess the clothes need washed, and now that I am almost done with boxes it down to CLEANING the rest of the house to make it presentable for the next day. Sleep.. Naaa cause I need to catch up with FB and visit with some friends and spend some much needed mommy time alone to download.
Oh how I long for my house to be complete with Pics on the wall and intact with groceries in the house to cook and bake and start knitting and get back to relaxing when the day is through. I am craving those moments more than ever before.
Life is never ending circle of lessons on life and struggles of love and support. Its a battle of the days and trials of the encounters
we make. Friendships to be watered and watch bloom and children to nourish and watch grow. Oh the life I live and the moments I live for.
While today sucked all in all.. I know in the end that my children will always love and appreciate me so it is well worth it.. I will get through and need to recognize that my birthday is just another day to everyone else and its no special day now that I am getting older.. still I cannot help but feel sad when it was not a "special" day for me! - Or Was it?

No comments:
Post a Comment