Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Oh the People we Meet

http://www.mycentraloregon.com/news/local/1307017/14-Year-Old-Bend-Boy-Crashes-Car-into-Home-Causes-Natural-Gas-Leak.html
http://portlandattorney.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/711/




Oh the people we meet and the places we go. I have known some doosys in my life for sure like the man convicted of murdering an entire family. I used to work with him when I was seventeen, and flirted with him a few times. Or the occasional drug addict who's parents enticed them into a world of drugs and led them down the wrong path, or the drinker or pot head who's children ranked last on the list...but I really thought I was growing up a little bit.
Recently I spent some time with a friend or so I thought she was a friend for a week. Going through a divorce with four kids she has somehow been on this bizarre path to find who she wants to be and who she is...and has lost her way. I never would "hang" with 14yr olds and party it up with any of them.... however, she is lonely and felt it necessary to do so.
It did not get her very far, that’s for sure.. It seems to have done nothing for her but cause her drama and chaos which often is a teen trait... (but not limited to). After our quick reuniting of friendship I learned she is not the person I thought she was... and that saddens me a great deal because somewhere in her heart she is a wonderful strong willed beautiful person. However those traits are masked right now.. and only put me and my life in a place where I cannot afford for it to be. Shortly after seeing her I got a call informing me of her actions of late.. and did not bother to research them till today almost a month later. I was shocked at how serious this crime truly was.. Or how big of a mess her immaturity got her into... but knowing her its not her fault and she is rolling through life pretending it is minor..
I sit back and think about this and think oh WOW... Just WOW... I cannot imagine if my life were in this point at 27 years old. I may not always be happy, I may not always be okay with how things are panning out and I may revert back to my teen immaturity for short bought of time but I thank a higher power all the time that personal injury attorneys are not blogging about me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment