
Looking of the balcony of the atrium I saw a little girl looking up at me from a floor below across the building. Like a flash her and her sister stood beside me in utter shock and almost tears. I turned to see them with their eyes glowing as they asked if they could touch my dress, hold my hand and stand by me. Their dad told them “see I told you sweetie you would get to meet her” I was this little girls Barbie doll dream at that moment as she admired me In awww with sincerity that made me feel like a million dollar dream myself. This moment warmed me as I got ready to step into the elevator that would take me to the first floor to meet the other half that completed my dream.
Down below I saw the DJ give the queue for the music to change and for me to begin my stroll down the elevator. My brother appeared next to me as we stepped inside and faced each other. I thought about the moments in my life that led me to share this day with my little brother knowing I was a grown up for good.
Arm in arm we walked around to the stairs where my dad took my arm. He so proudly looked at me as we continued our path down the aisle that led to (sudden doom?) No, the love if my life! As we stood there and Chris forgot his lines I laughed at his cheesy poses for the camera and the attention he lacked for me and the ceremony. His mind was everywhere but where we were. We said our vows and gave our rings with a commitment that will last a lifetime.
After we walked through our crowd to “Another One Bites the Dust” blasting over the cheers Mr. & Mrs. Erickson were united as one. The moments flew thru the cake ceremony and the reception where we danced the YMCA and Congaed to our hearts content! It was truly a dream that I never thought would come true! Thank you to all that made it all possible for the magic to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment