The day finally arrived and my nerves were not too bad however the tension between certain people around was on the rise which I tried with all my heart to stay clear of.
The day of the wedding while my feelings were hurt and things were in an uproar I made it through with all the thanks to Karen and my Matron of Honor. Without their help it would have been devastating by the end of the day.
I am so grateful that so many people were there to share the truly special moment with us as we entered this new chapter in our lives. People came from all over and those who I felt might not have taken the time of day were there to smile and see us through. I was impressed not only by the life I led but the company that I kept in order to know so many truly lovely people that were willing to be there.
I went out and was grateful for Amanda who held my hand the whole day. She was the magic that held me together and for this I grin and know our bond is that much stronger. After getting my hair done the pressure was on to get bouquets done and makeup and getting dressed for the evening that would change our lives.
The certain people that held my hand and made things possible were a gift to me on that day. Amanda’s husband Zach was an amazing stress reducer as he ran from floor to floor making sure the guys got all their clothes and the girls had all the tools and utensils needed to prepare for the moment that was so quickly approaching. The gratitude I feel for what he did can never be repaid.
Karen was there to help me get dressed and share a moment with me that my mom did not seem to have time for. She hugged me and took photos while laughing and being a support that Becca, Amanda and myself will be eternally grateful for. I won’t forget the moments when she made me feel so special and offered me the confidence and love I needed before I walked down the aisle.
Chris’s Grandma Rose was the angel I never knew existed but the one I was blessed with as she cinched the corset on my dress and helped me with my flowers at the very last min. Being that I do not have a Grandma she shared a moment with me that made me and continues to make me (like right now) tear up when I think of it. She was the grandma I never had that day and I will always appreciate that moment we shared.
My step brother as odd as it sounds was in the room until moments before the ceremony. In his street clothes he helped me make all boutonnieres and gave me loves like a brother should. I was so proud to have him as my brother that day and grateful for the laughs and loves we shared that whole weekend!
Becca is a friend of mine of fifteen years and while we don’t always get along and most often we don’t agree my largest fear of the wedding attendance was that she would not show. Luckily she did all of our makeup that day and was there to see me out the door before I walked the isle. This warmed me in a way that I cannot describe.
The moment came, when I was taken to the sixth floor where I waited for my life to change its course.
No comments:
Post a Comment