Sunday, June 28, 2009

I am currently in my home while visiting my family and friends in my home town of Pendleton Oregon. I have to say I miss it more than anyone could imagine. I miss the familiar atmosphere and I miss the views the landscape, the heart of being home. I am homesick for sure. In the time I have been here I have burnt the candle at both ends. My Aunt has been home when Braedyn is sound asleep and has allowed me to go out and about and catch up as if it were old times. I have seen friends from the past been to places I have not stepped foot in years and just simply enjoyed my spare free time missing my youth and reminiscing over old times.
I have seen my friend Becca who has been a long time best friend for over 14 years. I saw her mom and sisters who were a large part in my growth and my life as a young child and early adult life. We went swimming and hung out. We had a BBQ and spent time with her husband’s family as if it was just another day and I lived here. It was a great deal of fun and I got to know her daughter Isabel who is a doll and I love with all my heart.
I have been to Kennewick where I had to have a corset fitting from a friend that is making it for me for my wedding. I have really enjoyed my time with him along with seeing my girlfriend and old neighbor Sariah who is a great person with a wonderful heart.
On a sad note I attended a funeral for my Best Friend Amanda who recently lost her Grandmother –In-Law. She was devastated and as a friend I took the time to be there and hold both her and her husband and his family though a time that was very hard for them all. It felt nice to be included and I know she will remember what I did for them for all of time. That warms my heart.
I got to see a friend of mine Jason for about ten mins and even saw a good friend Matt who I used to babysit for as a teenager. He was glad to see me and it was a quick visit at the gas station.
I also got to do a walkthrough of the home I grew up in here in town and got to reminisce over what’s old and what’s new in the home I miss now but hated as a child. It was wonderful to see the changes and the feel of a place I had for so long called my home.
I have seen an old friend Valerie and her daughter whom I lived with for a short time who also played a part in my learning and growth over time as well. I can honestly say it was a wonderful visit as well as meeting an old flames new fiancé who was a wonderful woman (I did not see him though).
As well as all the above I have been staying with my Aunt Carole who I love and enjoy all her company. My cousin Tate who is 17 has been here as well as at the beginning of the week my cousin Todd and his children were here who I have not seen for a great many years. It was nice to get here and have family around that I truly enjoyed spending time with.
All these people contributed to a wonderful visit and a wonderful time in my hometown and I feel lucky and grateful that I have had such a wonderful time. But now it is off to bed and out to Portland for a Bunco night with my girlfriend from my new home. Jennifer and I will have a good time and I should return home first thing Monday if plans go according to what’s on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment